Joanne

Joanne
My life and crafting times.

Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hat in the Cat 12 x 12 page

About a month ago I was at an all day scrap booking fun time. One of the pages that I loved from that day was this Hat in the Cat (and no I don't have that wrong, my daughter forgets that it is Cat in the Hat and says the reverse) Any how here it is. The paper is from Creative Memories. It is not embellished much but I think that it is just right. I cut two mats, one black and one red, out of card stock each measuring 6 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. I used chalking ink in black for the red mat and white chalking ink for the black mat. After mounting the picture on the red mat (corner rounder used on the corners of the picture and mats) Then off set the red mat from the black mat. I journalled with a white inked pen on the black mat following the red mat edge. The "Hat in the Cat" was cut using my cricut and a font that I thought best suited the title. I can't remember what cart I used. Sorry. The capitals are 1 1/4 inches high.
Well that is it for this page. Happy scrapping :-)

2 comments:

Donna Baker said...

that's so fun! love how your daughter says it backwards. reminds me of my 5 yo niece who sang 'yellow suMBarine' to me last week!!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love where you put the writing :)